Friday, January 29, 2010

Paper Overload



My kids bring home so many papers from school that I'm convinced they use a tree a week. And since our community recycling program has been closed (The guy running it closed it because he wasn't making any money doing it. Don't even get me started.) I've been trying to figure out what we could possibly do with at least some of it rather than just throwing it away. Then I caught the husband cheerfully making a list of game codes on my prettiest stationary. He tried to defend himself by muttering, "But, it was the only paper I could find!" After I realized he was right, there wasn't a notepad in sight and grudgingly admitted it, it hit me, scrap paper notepads! It's so simple I can't believe I didn't come up with it earlier. All I had to do was rip 3 sheets of paper into 1/4 stack them up and blanket stitch them together. Ta-da!!

No comments: