Friday, April 23, 2010

Finished Project Friday


I finally finished my brothers birthday present and if I can get it in the mail today it will only be 10 days late. Bad big sister. This toiletry bag gave me major trouble. It was just one of those projects were if anything could go wrong it did. I had to rip out the zipper five times, and always because of some stupid self inflicted error. Or because I can't seem to follow instructions without thinking that I can come up with a better way to do it. It never works out for me when I try to "improve" sewing patterns...you'd think I'd learn.


I'm more successful at tweaking knitting patterns. I made these soap bags for my kids after modifying the pattern so it has more holes for the suds to come out. Probably not completely necessary, but I think it looks better too. I really like the yarn I used, Hempathy by Elsebeth Lavold. I picked it up on a shopping spree with Ani.


And last but not least, I finally got these awesome shoe organizers hung. Ani made them during our last craft night. I hate that we live so far apart now. Craft night used to happen at least once a week, now it's more like once or twice a year. I miss you, Ani!

No comments: